Saturday, October 20, 2012

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: "GOD IS WITH US - EVEN WHEN WE DOUBT"





Life is full of trials and tribulations, but we should rest easy with the knowledge that the Supreme Spirit guides us with tender loving care at all times. Many readers would have already come across the following Poem entitled "FOOTPRINTS"elsewhere, but is worth a repeat here.

A poem that was written at Echo Lake
Youth Camp near Kingston on Thanksgiving Day in 1964 by
Margaret Fishback

         One night I dreamed a dream.
         I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
         Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
         For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints
         in the sand,
         one belonging to me and one to my Lord.
         When the last scene of my life shot before me
         I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
         There was only one set of footprints.
         I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest
         time of my life.
         This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord
         about my dilemma.

         "Lord, you told me when I decided to follow You,
         You would walk and talk with me all the way. 
         But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
         times of my life there is only one set of
         footprints.
         I just don't understand why, when I needed You most,
         You leave me."

         He whispered, "My precious child,
         I love you and will never leave you
         never, ever, during your trials and testings.
         When you saw only one set of footprints
         it was then that I carried you."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment